18/09/2019

This Week. Part 1: Recipe

The plan is to do a two part blog post this week. A recipe now and how I've been feeling in the next part. I would normally post a photo of the dish but I don't have one for this particular one. If I get one I'll edit this post. This week, for dinner, I had intended to do Sea Bass en Papillote from The Paleo Diet Cookbook by Loren Cordain. The only Sea Bass I could get from the shelves at my local grocery shop had a sauce already in the packet and I didn't want to risk gluten contamination. I didn't go to a fish monger because I just wanted convenience and the fillets in the grocery shop are cheaper. I probably should have tried a fish monger because it would be healthier and worth the expense in the long run. Anyway, I went with Hake instead and used lime juice instead of lemon because I had limes and didn't want to waste them. Apart from those I followed the rest of the recipe as written.

Sea Bass en Papillot
4 servings
ingredients:
4 large carrots
2 leeks, roots and top green portions removed
4 pieces of baking parchment cut into 30cm (12") squares
4 sea bass steaks
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp dry white wine
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dill
1 tsp black pepper

method:
Preheat the oven to 220C (425F).
Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks. Cut the leeks into matchsticks to match the carrots. Place equal amounts of carrots and leeks on each parchment square.
Place a sea bass steak on top of each mound of vegetables. Combine the oil, wine, and lemon juice. Drizzle equal amounts over each fish portion. Sprinkle with garlic powder, dill and pepper. Gather the sides of each parchment square together and tie with kitchen twine*.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Open the parchment and transfer the fish and vegetables to plates.

*You can try folding and tucking in the parchment to wrap it if you don't have kitchen twine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...