18/03/2020

Social Distancing, Dodgy Cleaning Products & Inflammation

First of all social distancing is relatively easy for me. I don't have a social life, let alone an active one. On the one hand it's great that I can be myself and generally avoid people the way I always do. On the other hand I wonder if I'm being complacent by not washing my hands after I shop for groceries despite no social interaction. I went to the shop this evening and washed them on return. I had an idea though. I have a box of disposable gloves in the press in the kitchen that I normally use for preparing meat for dinner. I could bring a pair each time I go to the shop and wear them if I don't see any sanitizer facility and dispose of them on the way home. I should try that.


I posted a couple of weeks ago how I had dodgy sinuses and chest the day after cleaning my kitchen. I thought it was because I used too much bleach despite windows open and reasonable ventilation. I gave my toilet a much needed clean this week. Then I bleached the inside of the bowl. The product I use for cleaning is home made. It is vinegar based. I coughed a bit and my breathing felt strange after cleaning the toilet. My first thought was "I hope it's not covid 19" because it can cause respiratory issues. But then my sister posted the photo above on facebook and things started to make sense. The very first one is bleach + vinegar, as you can see. So I won't bleach after using my home made product in future. I'll wait until the next day before using bleach when the bowl is dry.
I was talking about inflammation the past two weeks. It feels like there's something more going on, autoimmune-wise, than just diabetes and coeliac. I've been struggling with back and joint pain and feel like my whole body is inflamed. I'm not going to talk to a doctor about it at the moment because they're probably flat out with treating covid-19. Maybe when all this dies down I'll talk to a doctor about it. I hope my appointment with the diabetic nurse at the end of next month is not cancelled because I want to get my vitamin D levels tested. I reckon low levels is contributing to my back and joint aches. I can get blood tests done there under the medical card. Blood tests by my GP are no longer covered by the medical card. On the issue of vitamin D, when I first went to the coeliac clinic at the out patients in Galway hospital in 2014 my levels were checked, found to be too low and two injections were prescribed. I'd prefer to get two vitamin D injections every year than taking supplements. I wish that was possible because I'm no good for getting into a routine of taking supplements and they're not as effective as injections in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...