22/01/2020

Dinner, Motivation/Inspiration & GF Bread At Subway

This week I had the same dinners as last week except I used rosemary on the Carb Lovers Cauliflower, as i had no chives and didn't want the rosemary to go to waste. But that only gave it a bitter after taste to be honest. I'll have to research again what rosemary goes well with. I also had the same fish recipe for dinner.
I've been struggling to motivate myself to keep going with this blog and other things in my life. Being autoimmune definitely affects your mental health as well. I wonder if my thyroid is also contributing to my low energy levels and lack of motivation? I was also pondering earlier today as to how I could change up the blog to see how it could help others and maybe eventually make it more... entertaining (for want of a better word). Mainly the help others bit. But I came up with nothing. I already post food recipes on occasion, but it needs to be more than that. Hopefully a moment of inspiration will strike and I can snowball things from there if I can motivate myself to put in the work. I'll try and keep in the habit of posting once a week to keep the blog active though.
I thought of something I can mention that might be of interest. I was reading Becky Excell's blog Gluten Free Cuppa Tea recently and she talked about Subway now starting to sell gluten free bread in the UK. While the bread is in a sealed package, it's prepared in the same area as all the regular sandwiches, toasted in the same oven, the toppings & fillings are near gluten or contain gluten and the same gloves are worn from gluten to gluten free sandwiches, so it's possibly already contaminated with gluten by the time you get it so there's no point in coeliacs eating there. Someone in Dublin on the coeliac experiences group on facebook said they serve gluten free bread in a nearby subway and she ate there before, it was prepared separately and she didn't have an issue. But then she went up to Northern Ireland and tried a Subway there and it wasn't prepared separately and she got contaminated and sick. That only confirms Becky Excell's suspicion to me. Maybe it's worth a try in Ireland but I wouldn't chance it. I definitely won't be going into UK Subways either.
As I was writing I did a bit of a search and here's a link to the blog on subway: https://glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk/2019/06/26/gluten-free-bread-at-subway/
I discovered she has since wrote a subsequent post about people's reaction to the news that Subway now has gluten free bread: https://glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk/2019/06/27/gluten-free-bread-launching-subway/
That's all I have for today. Hope you enjoyed the read and the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...