15/01/2020

Back To Routines And Blogging

Trying to get back into the swing of things for the new year. No "new year, new me". Just trying to get back into a routine and improve on things from there. I went with quick and easy rather than healthy for meals, except dinner, this week. Breakfast is shop bought soup with gf & df bread and Violife df cheese alternative. As usual, I have a late morning snack of fruit. This week's dinner consists of Carb Lover's Cauliflower (above) with a dish called Sea Bass en Papillote - both from The Paleo Diet Cookbook. Supper is gf & df bread rolls with cheese, gf sausages and gf black and white puddings.
It's tricky to manage my blood sugar in the middle of the day because the carbs in the dinners are slower acting. I'm trying testing and dosing after eating. I had a low that took a while longer than expected to come up from recently. Then I ended up above 20 even a couple of hours after taking insulin because of thinking I could have an extra snack after the low. So preventing the low should negate the need to eat for a low and risk bouncing back to being too high. I'll monitor the strategy and see how it works out.
It's difficult to motivate myself to trying to improve life outside of my regular routines. I get into habits that free my mind temporarily from what's going on around me and end up procrastinating and wasting a lot of time that could be spent doing constructive things. Indeed today I didn't get out of bed until after 11am, despite waking at 8, because of looking at social media and youtube videos on my phone. As a result I didn't start writing this blog until the evening despite normally publishing posts before 4pm. Part of that is a mental thing, probably triggered by being autoimmine. I'm lonely too. I'd love to have a female companion in my life to keep me happy and motivated. But solving that problem requires stepping out of my comfort zone. Something I can't drive myself to do at the moment. My mental health isn't too bad though, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.
The other issue going on is slight joint pain. Nothing major, bearable brief flashes from certain movements. Probably because I'm low in vitamin D. Must look into supplements. I intend speaking to the doctor about it as a precaution when I go to get my diabetes prescription renewed later this month.
That's what's going on at the moment. I just wanted to put something here to get back in the habit of posting this year. I might put a bit more thought into next week's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...