22/04/2022

I Only Took 2 Units Today

A few weeks ago I was at work and couldn't take insulin at break time because I never brought a needle for my insulin pen. I ate anyway because my break at work is when I eat breakfast. My blood sugar went above 15mmol/l when I checked myself before leaving work and was above 16 when I got home. I took insulin and ate when I got home. I made sure to replace needles in my meter pack as soon as they run out after that, rather than occasionally forgetting the night before.
Today I checked myself as normal before break. I was 4.4 so decided to wait until after eating before taking insulin as I was going to be more active after break and wanted to bring my sugar up. I checked myself a while after break before getting into the most hard working task of the day and it was only gone up to 5.1 so ended up not taking any insulin at work. A big contrast from a couple of weeks previously. 
I had to be somewhere in the afternoon after work and it was about a 40min walk from where I live. My blood sugar was above 11 when I got home from work so I took 2 units in the leg and ate a banana on the way. On the way back my blood sugar read 4.4 again so I used it as an excuse to eat a Dr. Coy's chocolate bar. I also called into another shop for a small Schar chocolate bar. 
It's 17:20 as I'm writing this and I've only taken 2 units of insulin all day. It's amazing how different the need for insulin can be on a given day. It's also amazing the how different factors like activity levels and even the difference between warmer and cooler weather can affect one's need for insulin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...