20/05/2020

The Feels And A Recipe

Someone shared this tweet recently and I felt it. I think it really sums up living with an autoimmune disease. So I decided to screenshot it and share it here. I don't know anything about the person who tweeted it or what their state of health is. I just wanted to share the tweet.

The other thing I had in mind for today before I saw the tweet was to share a recipe. My presentation in the picture might not be great so I was debating with myself whether to include it or not. In the end I decided I might as well since I took the photo. Nectarines were on special offer in my local grocery shop recently and when I saw that I knew I had the perfect dish to use them with for dinner. The photo shows a single serving. I also heaped vegetables on the plate to have a full dinner.


Salmon Fillet With Nectarine Infusion

Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 tbsp minced fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
2 tbsp minced red onion
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
4 wild salmon fillets*
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large nectarine cut into very thin wedges

Method:
Preheat oven to 220C (425F).
Combine coriander (cilantro), onion and lime juice in a small bowl. Brush skin side of the salmon with one tablespoon of the oil.
Place salmon, skin side down, on a wire rack. Press nectarine wedges evenly on to the salmon flesh and cover with the lime mixture.
Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.

*Note: My local fishmonger didn't have wild salmon when I made this recently so I used farmed salmon, which would have a higher mercury content.

Credit: The Paleo Diet Cookbook by Loren Cordain, Ph.D.

Approximate Nutritional Values per Serving:
Energy: 688kcal
Fat: 42.6g (Saturates: 7.3g, Trans: 0g)
Cholesterol: 143mg
Sodium: 142.4mg
Potassium: 1,335.9mg
Carbohydrates: 24.6g (Sugar: 14.9g)
Dietary Fibre: 3.7g
Protein: 52.7g
Vitamin A: 29.4%
Vitamin C: 56%
Calcium: 7.3%
Iron: 8%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...