06/11/2019

Always Read The Label

I went to get a vitamin D supplement at a health food store as I was getting a probiotic supplement there anyway. I never thought of reading the label until I got home. I was reading the ingredients and I saw "rice bran" with "gluten free" in brackets. That was fine, or so I thought. Then I spotted the fine print at the bottom that said it was manufactured in an environment that handles cereals containing gluten. So I didn't bother opening them for fear of cross contamination. I was tempted briefly to try them but decided it wasn't worth the risk. I took them back the nest day and got my money back. You can never be too careful. Always read the label before purchasing if you have coeliac disease!
I never got the blood test results from my last appointment with the diabetic nurse. I don't know my HbA1c. I got a text from my GP's office yesterday saying I needed to get one blood test redone. Don't know why or which one. The appointment for that is next week. I tried ringing the diabetic nurse yesterday but it just kept ringing so I hung up. I was busy with other things today so didn't ring back. I might try again tomorrow. I will probably talk more about it in next week's blog post.
I found that when I went out walking after dark earlier in the year that my blood sugar had a tendency to go low. With that in mind, I had a little snack on my way back from the shop the last couple of evenings to prevent a low. Those two evenings had high readings when testing before Lantus. 15 the first night and almost 15 the next. I needn't have bothered with the snacks. I had to take extra insulin (NovoRapid) because of this. I must allow for the fact that the honeymoon period is over so I don't have any insulin produced by my pancreas anymore in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...