15/02/2019

Rustled Up Random Dinner

"What'll I have for dinner?", says I. Looked in the press. Leftover carrots and a parsnip and yellow bell pepper. There were also a couple of sweet potatoes  in there that I had originally intended to steam. So I decided to rustle up something.  I googled baked sweet potatoes instead of steaming. Mixed some herbs with olive oil and brushed them over the skin of the potatoes. Baked them at 190°C (325°F) for an hour. While this was going on I threw a couple of tablespoons of ghee in a pan on the hob at a medium heat. Fried a couple of rashers for meat. Then I added a little bit more ghee and added the chopped leftover vegetables to the pan and stir fried (dunno how long). When they were done I added a layer of baby spinach, covered the pan, turned off the hob and let the steam wilt the spinach for approximately 5 minutes. I added 2 chopped avocados to the plate. I plated the vegetables and rashers and shortly after the timer sounded for the potatoes. The meal was so big hat I ended up saving one of the sweet potatoes for dinner the following day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensor Issues

My prescription only allows me 2 sensors per month but each one lasts 2 weeks, which covers the whole of February but not every ...